Hello, food lovers! They say to blog about what you know so, for my first attempt at blogging, I have decided to share my favorite potatoes. Seasoned baby potatoes baked in the oven. So easy and so delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 425. While the oven is heating up you have plenty of time to prepare the potatoes.
- Foil the baking pan. I usually cook for one or two people so a small cake pan is big enough.
- Wash those babies! I’m talking the potatoes.
- Dice. Depending on the size of the potato, I usually cut them in fourths. You can cut them smaller if you want your potatoes crispier, just make sure you are checking them regularly because it will take less time to cook through.
- Cover in oil and seasoning. To do this, I put my potatoes in a plastic container that has a lid. I then pour in about a tablespoon of olive oil. The seasoning depends on what you like and how many potatoes you are cooking. I usually cut up about 10 baby potatoes and add just under 1 teaspoon of seasoning. I personally use McCormick’s Grill Mates, Montreal Steak Seasoning. I like to have a minimalist kitchen so I’m a big fan of one seasoning that works for many foods. I lid the container and shake the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Pour the coated potatoes into baking pan.
Once the oven is preheated, place the pan of potatoes in the oven on the top or middle rack and set the timer for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, poke a few potatoes with a fork to make sure they are cooked before removing. They should feel fairly soft on the inside, but crispy on the outside.
Once cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and enjoy! They are steaming hot on the inside so I recommend letting them sit for a few minutes before eating. My final word of advice is, don’t be like me and forget to turn off the oven!
Thanks for reading and please stop by again soon!